- I went on ProductHunt to look at Top Trending product to copy
Hmm the first app Senpai looks interesting. Get answers from a verified startup expert!
Instant consultation service sounds like a good idea!
Time to brainstorm!
I went to Google JamBoard to brainstorm
Time limit: 5 min.
Goal: Come up with 20 ideas.
Who are the different people we can adapt Senpai for?
Most feasible idea:
Looking at the ton of crap generated above. I decided to go with the Most Feasible Idea.
I have limited time and limited resources to explore stuff outside of my industry.
Let's just go with helping cs students find internships!
Senpai is a good name. Let's just copy is and call it laoshi 老师 （Teacher in chinese）
I am going to copy this website.
Slogan: Trying to find a tech internship & don't know what to do?
I used convertkit to build a simple waitlist collection page.
- Launch on ProductHunt
Trying to find a tech internship & don't know what to do? Laoshi matches you with top tech mentors from your schools & beyond! Open to sign ups for both mentors and mentees.
It's a very plain producthunt page but well... We all gotta start somewhere.
- Launch on NUS Computing Grads Telegram group
This is a ~1000 member Telegram Group in NUS containing computing students
Time taken: 5 hrs
- Pretty lame ass idea
- Subsequent launch time should be faster once I get familiar with the flow
- But well whateva 🤷♂️. There's still 29 more apps to go 🙂
- I can't believe it! There are actually people who upvoted the product hunt and joined the waitlist!
So far 6 mentees has signed up